Meet Jeff Morton
Jeff with his human and canine family!
After attending college for Business Management, Jeff went to work in the retail and electronics field. After 10 years of working in corporate structure, Jeff ventured out on his own, fueled by his love of dogs, opening Shake A Paw in 1992. He expanded the original Green Brook store in 2000 and in 2006, opened a state of the art, 8,000 sq. ft. Superstore in Union.
Jeffrey owned two Old English Sheepdogs in the early 1990's and learned dog grooming and obedience training. Jeff also started breeding Saint Bernards and doing breed rescue, which is finding homes for dogs given up by their owners. At one time, Jeff owned eleven Saint Bernards, two Sheepdogs and two cats! Many weekends were spent at dog shows throughout the northeast, competing for AKC Championships and meeting with breeders. Jeff owned and trained the #1 Obedience Titled Saint Bernard in 1996, Ch. Lil' Jon's Sigmond Freud, CD, CGC. A major highlight of his career was participating at the world famous Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden in New York City 2 years in a row. Jeff brings his years of experience to work for you, from the whelping box at home, to the competitive dog show ring in New York City.
The Shake A Paw Rescue and Adoption Center, a New Jersey Non Profit Corporation, began operations in September of 2012. In order to best serve the needs of the community and our rescue dogs, Jeff recently was certified in New Jersey as anAnimal Control Officer and an Animal Cruelty Investigator.
Jeff and family currently have three French Bulldogs, and live in Monmouth County, NJ. Our old Golden Retriever named Chanel recently passed away at 9 years old. She will be missed and remembered every day.
Past & Present Professional Affiliations
- President, Shake A Paw, 1992-Present
- President, Shake A Paw Franchising, LLC., 2004-Present
- President, Shake A Paw Rescue and Adoption Center Inc. A New Jersey Non-Profit Corporation, 2012
- President, Bertinoro Kennels, 1993-1998
- President, Save Our Saints (SOS), Saint Bernard Rescue of New Jersey 1993-1998
- Member, Saint Bernard Club of America, Parent Club
- Member, Northern New Jersey Saint Bernard Club
- Member, Town and Country Dog Training Club, Union NJ
- Member, Italian Saint Bernard Club, Revana, Italy
- Dog Show Co-Chairman, Northern New Jersey Saint Bernard Club, 1996
- Featured on Good Morning America with Ch. Lil Johns Sigmund Freud CD, CGC.
- Featured on The Learning Channel, 2003-2004
- Judge, Garden State All-Terrier Club, Pre-Novice, Novice A and Graduate Novice Obedience
- Judge, Sussex Hills Kennel Club Obedience Match, Obedience Pre-Novice, Novice A and Graduate Novice.
- Member, Better Business Bureau of New Jersey 1996
- Member, Somerset County Chamber of Commerce 2002-2003
- Member, Somerset County Chamber of Commerce, 2003-2004
- Member and Contributor, Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, Washington DC, 1993-Present
- Member, New Jersey State Legislative Advisory Board, American Canine Association, 2003-Present
- Member National Legislative Advisory Board, American Canine Association, 2003-Present
- Primary Sponsor of Somerset County's first Police K-9 Dog, Owned and trained by the South Bound Brook Police Department, 2001-2008
- Sponsor of Somerset County Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit, 2004-2008
- New Jersey Certified Animal Control Officer - 2012
- New Jersey Certified Animal Cruelty Investigator - 2012
- Primary Sponsor of Bound Brook's Police Departments 1st K9 Unit, 2014
- Featured on 77WABC Radio in New York, 2014
- Plainfield Humane Society
- Make A Wish Foundation Of New Jersey
- Bide-A-Wee Home Association
- Furry Friends Youth R.B.A.
- Green Brook PTO
- Dunellen High School
- Amsterdam Elementary School
- College of New Jersey
- Summit Educational Foundation
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- A Life for Animals
- Watchung Hills Regional High School PTO
- Green Brook Fire Department
- Green Brook Ice Hockey
- Green Brook Little League
- Dunellen ROARS
- Somerset County VoTech
- Deron School of New Jersey
- Township of Union Animal Shelter